Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default Right TV aerial?

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My mother is having her chimney breast re-rendered. This will involve
taking down the TV aerial which is currently strapped to it. Given that
it's 30 years old, and was never much good in the first place, it seems
like a good time to put up a new one. Luckily it's a bungalow, so I
hope there'll be no Rod Hull incidents.

She's not exactly a high-end user. She does have a freeview box these
days which she likes, and obviously she needs to be ready for the
digital switchover. She's in sunny Southend (SS2) where the digital
signal is currently marginal. She does currently get a digital signal,
but some channels are a bit shaky.

If the aerial points at Crystal Palace a Blake DMX10A may be a better option.

(High gain Group A aerial)

I bought one from http://www.ctva.co.uk/ on Leigh on Sea

(Not that I live anywhere near there!)

--

Michael Chare

I was going to add a TV aerial to my next\Screwfix order. I'm inclined
to go for this one complete with masthead amp:

Or might I be just as happy with this one (no masthead amp, therefore a
bit easier to install, and a bit cheaper):

I'm aware of the need for decent CT100 cable. I was planning on getting
some of this:

Any advice or tips from those who've been there gratefully received.