Gunner

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On 1 Dec 2003 11:38:46 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

The very low rate in Japan is clearly due to cultural and historical
reasons, not the ban on firearm ownership. The Japanese are largely a
homogenous ethnic group with a shared culture. They do not have to
deal with the same ethnic and racial friction which has caused much of
the problems in the U.S.

H'lo??

Who's in there???

I think Michael Moore has hijacked gunner's user
ID and is posting from there.

Where is gunner, and what have you *done* with him!!

LOL.

It almost sounds here like you're saying, the answer to
our problems isn't at the barrel of a weapon, but rather
by reducing ethnic differences and racial friction. That
we should throw down our arms and sing "kum-ba-ya" a
few times and have a big group hug, and this will make
the murder rate go down like it did in japan.

Dang. Maybe those pesky liberals are right after all!

Jim

The murder rate in Japan was never high. Unless you consider the odd
Shogun or two butchering his subjects in a off hand fashion. They
btw..were no allowed arms of any sorts. Which is why the martial arts
were developed.

As to the Liberals ..whom do you think have propped up Diversity,
MultiCulturalism, and given a pass to poor behavior of minority
cultures?

Ill not post the cites, for fear some Libby might make a claim of
racism..but look at the FBI stats and tell me whom are committing the
most murders.

Then tell me the Libs want to stop this by putting down the hammer on
the guilty parties.

Id have to say..that the Libs are largely responsible for much of the
crime rate. And of course..care to do a survy of which political party
the violent criminals in prison belong to?

Chuckle

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants.
They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes,
produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by
thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree."
- Thomas Jefferson