Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

Default Cleaning Mold From RTV In Shower Stall ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Have a shower stall that unfortunately has several corner seams
that were "caulked" with RTV. Of course, by now they have gotten a bit
moldy.

Have tried all the common bathroom stall type cleaners on it, but no luck.

My guess is that the mold, while probably not on the surface, is not very
deep. But, of course, I'm not too sure of this.

Is there any product that stands a chance of cleaning the RTV, that won't
damage or de-glaze the tiles ?

Really don't want to have to rip out all the RTV if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Bob

There is a hand tool that will remove the caulk without damaging the
tiles. It's basically just a plastic V-shaped blade with a handle.
You'll probably be done removing the caulk in less than 5 minutes.
Check in HD or Lowes, or your local hardware store.
Here's one:
http://www.homaxproducts.com/product.../03/index.html

--
Bill