Posted to rec.woodworking
W. Wells

Default Refinishing roll part of roll top desk

I have finished many roll top desk and I would replace the cloth if it is
worn. It is not hard to do and the cloth is usually the first thing to wear
out.( it is just canvas).I always used contact cement to attach the strips
back to the canvas. This way the wooden pieces are easy to refinish.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The roll part of a roll top desk consists of individual pieces of wood
glued to a cloth. (Yeah, you knew that, but I needed a segueway.

Do I want to remove the from the cloth before I refinish them or do it
in place?

Also, and I guess this is a much more general question, how do I scrape
something that's round?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude