Posted to alt.home.repair
I Love Lucy

Default Update, I sure moved down the list while my news server was not working intermitently for a couple weeks now

"I Love Lucy" wrote in message
nk.net...

It's back for now. My news server. I'm back for now. Thanks to all
who helped. The back sidewalk and steps, cement slab, all are out, the
whole part leading to the top of the stairs now, part of the forms are
up, and things are moving at a fast pace.

I will tell you all about it if it turns out ok. If it doesn't, well
I'll be unfit to write anything coherent.. Right now the only problem
we are facing is getting rid of all those cement chunks and finding
someone to help with the estimated 30 wheelbarrow loads of concrete to
be hauled from the alley on CEMENT DAY.

They wanted $150 for a jackhammer and compressor for one hour delivered
and picked up, so he did it all with a sledgehammer. I called every
rental place in the Yellow Pages and a few that weren't. I think we
could have done most of it with a $20 per hour 80# electric jackhammer
rental from the hardware store, but that was decided in the negative.
Not my call as I could have picked it up and got it in the trunk of my
car, but not the one that works off a compressor which is hauled on a
trailer so I'm told.

It's nasty work, but I don't have to tell you that. Really hard work.
Good thing we got a break from the heat but humidity is up.