Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Hello all, question about locks

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:32:01 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:31:50 -0600, "Bob M." wrote:

"Gwen Morse" wrote in message
. ..
Hello, I've been lurking in the group a few weeks. It's interesting
reading to be sure!

I'm having a professional replace my front door, and along with that,
I'm getting new handle/locks. In the past, I had a special lock that I
loved. It was "always" locked. That lock was replaced in the past,
but, I still miss it.

Schlage has what you're looking for, at Home Depot even. I have Schlage

Not so surprised. Being a good clerk at HD is not the easiest job,
but even if he stays in the door hardware section for a long time,
someone who can learn all the features of all the locks really ought
to get a better job. For the most part they don't get to see the
features, because the packages are closed.

lever-type locks with this feature. But I agree with other posters - go to
a locksmith.

Has anyone used those remote controlled deadlocks? They have a
transmitter like a car alarm, and the one I've seen uses batteries to
turn the know that opens and closes the deadlock. I don't have a
great need for this, but I think I would like it. Especially if the
batteries last a long time.

I've had one on my front door for a few years (using the wireless
keypad made for it). It's worked properly so far.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com