Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Hello all, question about locks

"mm" wrote in message
On 30 May 2006 16:21:16 -0700, wrote:

You will also find much higher quality locks that you are going to find
at

Home Depot.

At a much higher price I bet too. If a ne'er do well wants in bad
enough a lock wont stop him.. Save your money

But she's not looking for quaility, as you seem to assume. She's
looking for a design she likes. It may just happen to have higher
quality and cost more, but you have to spend money to get what you
want.

As far as wants in bad enough, you're right, someone could dynamite
the wall of my house. But a cheap lock keeps out most people, and a
lock with screws that go deep into the jam keep out a few others.

My best friend's parents never locked their doors, up until they moved
2 years ago. But they never got burgled either. Locks work, and most
people need them.

You need locks for two reasons:

1) You'll feel like a moron if you get robbed and the house wasn't locked.

2) If you tell the cops the place wasn't locked, they'll make a note of that
in their report. You will be given the usual 17th pink copy, totally
illegible, except for the words "house not locked", and your insurance
company will use that as an excuse not to honor the claim.