Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,misc.consumers.house
Bob Wheatley

Default What to look for in a kitchen faucet?

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 May 2006 08:22:12 -0500, "Bob Wheatley"
wrote:

"Stubby" wrote

I cannot recommend Delta. After a few years both of them began to drip
and finding the right kit to rebuild them was difficult. So, that's
the
first thing you want to look for -- before you purchase the faucet.
Next,
one Delta suffered pitted chrome on it after about 10 years. Delta is
the
low end.

....And your credentials are.....?

Mine? A 30 Master licensed plumber.
Besides, you need to re-read the OP. The request _was_ for an inexpensive
ftg.

Bob Wheatley

Bob, & any other of the pros. Do you think that Groe is worth the
extra bucks?

I have used Grohe on a number of projects and it is fairly reliable once you
get it in (faucets stop up with debris too easily) but my biggest complaint
is they seem to be missing parts new out of the box more than any other
manufacturer that I have seen. That kills a contractor who needs to get the
work done. Most of my projects are commercial so I tend to use more
Chicago/Sloan/Symmons but I (my company) has installed thousands upon
thousands of Moen and their design and quality and dependability have made
them one of the premier competitive priced ftgs. on the planet.
I have Moen 4570CP lavatory faucets and a Delta 174 kitchen sink ftg. in my
own home. That's what I think of them.

Bob Wheatley