Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,misc.consumers.house
Nonnymus

Default What to look for in a kitchen faucet?

To me, the main consideration is the availability of parts.
If you go to a Home Depot or Lowe's, what "brand" parts do
they have in their plumbing repair display. The chances are
best that it's Delta and maybe some Price Pfister. I've
become a real fan of Delta as the best compromise between
price and quality. We had homes with different brands of
kitchen and bath hardware, including PF, Grohe and Delta.
Nothing has matched the day in and day out reliability of
Delta. I recently, finally, had a couple bath faucets drip,
so I rebuilt all faucets in the house. They were all Delta
and all parts were obtained with ONE trip to Lowe's, There
was no need to look up a plumbing supply house and try to
buy parts over the counter. There was no need to go from
one store to another looking for parts for less popular
brands. One stop got all the parts and everything was
rebuilt in under a couple hours.

Nonnymus