yourname

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:18:52 GMT, yourname wrote:

Of course you are 4 times more likely to be murdered in Arizona than in
Mass[8 murders per 100k vs 2,1999] That makes all those gun nuts happy
exactly why?

Hummm and your state is a hotbed of murders and terror compared to
North Dakota with its 1.1

I should add... North Dakota has

InstaCheck, No waiting period
Allows machine guns
Is a Shall Issue state
Is an Open Carry State
knives with blades 5" or less are legal to carry anytime
Has reciprocity with many other states
No registration
No FID

largest city is 86k people, mass has 8 such, with enough pop in those
8 cities alone to make 2 N Dakotas, yet my 99 numbers [apples to
apples, eh] put their murder rate at 1.6, not so big a spread. Bet if
you took the numbers from mass with all cities over 86 k removed we
would look even better.

Either gun laws matter or they don't. If they do, then I haven't seen
any evidence that there is higher crime in gun law states, quite the
opposite. Perhaps there is less need for permitting with instant
background checks, but I'll bet you weren't crazy about those either.

"Gun Nuts" fight all gun laws. That is stupid and unjustified. "Anti Gun
Nuts" want all guns outlawed. That is stupid and unjustified.

We are the moderates. Rant all you want, we run the place. Go siddown