Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default Hot water recirculation pump?

George wrote:
Robert Gammon wrote:

We have a house on metered city water with two residents and our *total
consumption* is 19,000 gallons/year.

WOW, Frugal with water are we!! That is less than 2000 gallons a
MONTH!!! With two people here, no outside watering of flowers, trees,
shrubs, grass, two showers a day, three to four tubs of laundry a week,
cooking and cleaning, we are usually about 5,000 gallons a month or
60,000 gallons a YEAR, triple your useage.

Our usage pattern is similar to what you described.

Are you sure your water meter isn't counting by twos (or threes) or
you aren't supplying a neighbor?

I don't remember where I read it but typical usage for a family of two
is 20,000 gallons/year.

New water meter as of about 5 years ago. Oh, and we have a water
softner (about 40 gals a week) and a RO unit hooked to Fridge (about 10
gals a week)

Certain beyond a doubt that I am ALONE on this meter.