Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No hot water in washing machine

The "no hot water" problem started after I replaced the water-inlet
valve about a year ago.

In early May, I took that water-inlet valve (with the attached wires)
to an appliance store. They tested the continuity of the valve and
found it to be good and said the problem was elsewhere in the washing
machine. I then asked them if the wires were connected correctly and
they said "Yes".

Since "hot" and "cold" relate to temperatures, I concluded that the
water-temperature switch might be the culprit. I then installed a new
switch AND a new water-inlet value. However, still no hot water.

On Sunday morning, I got out my tool box, my ohm-volt meter and the
wiring-diagram.

I tested the water inlet valve first and it checked out OK.

I then referred to the wiring diagram to see what the wires were
connected to.

I then noticed that the water-inlet-valve wires were NOT connected as
shown on the wiring diagram so I switched the wires and now I get hot
water; cold water and warm water!!

Apparently, when I replaced the original water-inlet valve, I
accidentally attached the wires wrong.