John

Default First lathe: Grizzly, Lathemaster, or used Atlas?

I'm getting ready to acquire my first lathe. Basic requirements are to be
able to turn up to 5" diameter stock with a length of 12". For the most part
I'm turning plastics and PVC but I will use it for Aluminum and steel
turning too.

I've read some (many) postings from the group and I'm narrowing down my
choices to either the
* Grizzly G4000 9" x 19" Bench Lathe, or the
* LATHEMASTER 9 X 20 - Gear Drive Benchtop Lathe, or the
* LATHEMASTER 8 X 14 MINI LATHE, or a
* Used Atlas Lathe (available locally to me).

I would welcome whatever comments someone may want to offer.
BTW, I'm in the Boston Suburbs so if anyone wants to offer a lathe for sale
I'll be happy to listen.

Thanks in advance,

John
(I like hot food and scuba diving, though not
necessarily at the same time!)