Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'UPS' chip for a low current audio device.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I want to fit a battery backup to a small audio device. Something that
will charge a 7.2 volt Ni-Cad pack without damage no matter how long left
on and run the device at the same time - and switch over automatically if
power fails. Maximum consumption of the device is about 250 mA.

There appear to be 'millions' of supervisory chips out there and I was
hoping someone could recommend one.

You dont need a chip to do that, just a trickle charger.

When it comes to recommending ICs, I'd definitely recommend
sci.electronics,.design.

NT