Ed Huntress

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

"Robert Sturgeon" wrote in message

After looking over the California Code, I see that it is apparently no
longer legal to carry openly without a permit. I guess I live in an
even LESS free state than I thought, and apparently Ed Huntress has
even more to be happy about. :-(

None of the irrational gun laws in the US makes me happy. Sorting out fact
from fiction makes me happy.

As for guns, I know better than to get into one of these gunfights, but I
was bored this weekend, and made the foolish move of reacting to one of
Gunner's more egregious taglines. g

And you may be interested that I was an unpaid lobbyist in NJ over a decade
ago, on behalf of the NJ affiliate of the NRA, fighting against our truly
brainless "assault rifle" laws.

So don't make the mistake of thinking I'm an advocate fighting for tougher
gun laws. FWIW, I happen to like the background checks. I also happen to
like freer concealed carry, although not, for example, in courtrooms. g
Open carry is a throwback to a time that never was, but if the gun nutz
enjoy having that thing hanging down there, and if they're not criminals or
nuts, it's no big deal to me. I've carried a pistol open while hunting in
Michigan (resident), Pennsylvania (non-resident) and Arizona (non-resident),
and it never freaked anybody out when I walked into a diner with the thing,
so there are some places where it fits without trouble.

Just gimme the facts. We can make good decisions with accurate facts.
Playing games with statistics, like "Andrew Ford" did, and like we see going
on now in this thread, does not lead to good decisions.

Ed Huntress