Gunner

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:31:29 GMT, yourname wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:40:12 GMT, yourname wrote:

Sorry my numbers are a few years old. I need a new Almanac
People who fear reasonable gun control are mis informed.

Define Reasonable gun control.

More or less what we have here. I think you have a point on must versus
may. In Mass the local cheif is the authority, some won't give out a
carry permit. I think that is wrong.

I will be the first in line to stop anyone from taking YOUR right to
carry away.
I just want to know who you are

Its really none of your business.

I disagree. Without the rules we have here, we would not know if you
are a felon or not, are taking anti psychotics etc. With no permit
requirements, we just don't know.

Sure you would know. If you attempted to purchase a firearm via any
legal source, you would not pass the InstaCheck or any other of the
mandated checks, so would not be able to purchase one legaly. As to
the other sources..you will never be able to stop that. See the War on
Drugs.

If a cop pulls over a guywith a car full of guns, how is he supposed to
know he's a felon or not.

All felons are in the NCIC data base. Simply running the guys DL# will
show if he is a felon or not. If he is a felon any posession of a
firearm is unlawrful.

Gun permit would come in pretty handy about then.

Which gun permit are you refering to? CCW or permit to own? In most
states, you dont need a permit to own or even perchase. You walk into
a gun store, pay the money, they run your id through a computer, in 5
min or less the FBI gives a go or no go. You pay your money, and leave
with it. Other states have up to a 10 day waiting period before you
take it home. Few states have a permit to purchase.

I live in a safer state than most non permitting states,. and if you
lived here, you would be safer, and could have all the guns you want. I
think that is a pretty good deal.

And there are others whom live in much safer states, with open carry,
shall issue ccw, no permits etc. Looks like its largely dependant on
the make up of the population, no?

When I sit in my best friends living room drinking a beer, my feet rest
on a metal locker full of guns and ammo, locked and way too heavy to
drag anywhere. I think he keeps too much ammo for safety, but that is
just my opinion. Just the fire issue, not the having of it.

Ammo is pretty safe in a fire
..
Oh, and if David Koresh is your hero, you aint as smart as you sound

Koresh was a nutball, whom was executed along with 80 odd men women
and children for the sake of making political brownie points and
increased funding, over a tax issue. If you are not aware of that..you
aint as smart as you sound.

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants.
They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes,
produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by
thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree."
- Thomas Jefferson