Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Default KitchenAid Washer - blance problem

RichK wrote:
"Appliance Repair Aid"

Is there some sort of spec on how much out of balance a new machine can

be?

Not sure what this is asking!?
The baskets will wobble normally and inch or so back and forth
normally...if that is what you meant?

That's about how much mine wobbles, when it's empty.

Went over to neighbors house and tested the washer in spin, without any
water or load - the thing was in perfect balance. It was a Sears model
about 7 years old.

Probably why it is wobbling...
http://www.applianceaid.com/suspention.html
http://tinyurl.com/rg3bt

Thanks for these links Jeff. What are the pads made of? Will putting some
grease help.

Looking at the second picture, I suspect one of the pads is gone in my case.
I see some bare metal where it should be. Will use mirrors to get a better
look from the bottom.

It's a great lesson for me in washers :-) Used them all my life, but never
looked under one. Well, once :-)

Regards,

Rich

G'day,

What are the pads made of? Will putting some
grease help.

A nylon like material, white ones and brown ones are slightly different
density. Usually clean ( if sticky ) them but no lube.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2978
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2979
Pictures of them.

jeff.