Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder

Default Alcohol Soaking Wet Wood

Hello Tom,

The alcohol soaked piece seemed to turn and sand better. Perhaps it was because
it was less distorted. Incidentally, when both bowls were turned and finished,
they wound up weighing exactly the same. I violated my test when applying
finish. I used walnut oil on the soaked bowl and Kerf's Wood Creme on the
unsoaked bowl. I liked the looks of the walnut oil finish although it was
darker. The wax finish did not darken the wood.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , Tom Nie says...

Fred, the info is relevant and interesting - hardly deserving of lambasting.
If something confirms then hte effort was still worthwhile and your report
appreciated. Like Robo, be interesting to see if there's any difference in
the finishing.

TomNie

Now, all of you people who lambasted me on my other post, can say "I told
you
so."

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com