Peter Grey

Default Lathemaster lathes

My local HF had the 9x20 on sale for (I think) $599 last week. They also
had their RF30 clone on sale for $799.

Peter
"kaferhaus" wrote in message
om...
No, and the lathemaster is not any higher qaulity machine than the HF,
Enco, Grizzly etc.

In fact, for more money, you get less features on the Lathemaster.

I have an Enco (since 1998) and a friend bought the Lathemaster a few
months back. He has since realized that he paid too much for a
machine that lacks several of the features of the other machines...

The only advantage of the lathemaster is that it comes with a 5" chuck
vs the 4" on the other machines... It does not have the QCGB and you
must use the half nuts for carriage travel.... not a desireable
feature.

Lathemaster claims their machine is "heavier", If it is, we couldn't
tell it...

Also Lathemaster does not have the "clout" with the shipping companies
that Enco and the others do. Shipping is quite expensive with them vs
Grizzly or Enco or HF.

If you have a HF store near by, you can save on the shipping and
actually see the machine you're getting.

HF occaisionaly offers these machine on sale for around $650

(ED ROGERS) wrote in message

Does this company sell a higher grade of Chinese lathe than the usual
run of the mill Chinese machinery?