Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold air return near the ground or ceiling?

wrote:
Ceiling...I had a problem where the upstairs is warmer then the
downstairs when the a/c is on. The house was built w/ 1 return upstairs
on the floor. I've sence installed returns in the ceiling upstairs. It
made a huge dif. It the winter im going to cover the return so it
doesn't return the warm air. If I were you, I would put one high and
one low and close one depending on the season. If your return in the
basement is pulling too much air due to it not haveing much resistance,
it may be pulling less air from inside the living space. Not good

hmmm, that sounds like a good idea. Just curious. Do you have any other
returns besides the ones on your top floor?