Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Myers

Default Replacement Thermostatic Blend Valve (problem finding one)

Thanks for replying John.

John Stumbles wrote:

Who is the thermal store made by? Don't they have a source for it (or is
it horrendously expensive?)

Unfortunately, I am not sure how I go about identifying the store, its
about 10-12 years old and the store itself is fully lagged with foam.
There doesn't seem to be any distinguishing marks or way to find out
whom exactly it's manufactured by?

McDonald's
http://www.mcdonald-engineers.com/as...rmflow1_lg.jpg

and Gledhill's http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/thermal_store.htm
seem to have the arrangement you're after.

It seems those are similar, the first one more so but neither look
much like my store being much more modern affairs I guess.

I will try taking a photograph of it today and maybe taking it to some
local plumbing stores to see if I can get any joy.

The valve itself seems to be manufactured in Germany (or at least for
both English and German markets as it has Kalt / Cold etc).

I did find 15mm Reliance Water Controls one which was L-patterned
although it seemed to be reversed to mine, I definitely need 22mm.

Shall I try contacting some thermal store manufacturers? I can imagine
them being horrendously expensive though

Cheers,

Mike