Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Hello all, question about locks

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
You will also find much higher quality locks that you are going to
find at
Home Depot.

At a much higher price I bet too. If a ne'er do well wants in bad
enough a lock wont stop him.. Save your money

How much higher?

It depends on what you want.

I didn't expect bigjim to answer the question, Joseph. If he actually could
provide a dollar figure, it would only be accurate based on the one
transaction which produced the number. And, it wouldn't matter to me anyway.
There have been times when I've needed a locksmith, and I had no problem
paying for the service. Last time was when I wanted 3 locks keyed alike, and
Home Despot didn't have 3 of the same style, with the same keys. They sell a
"re-key it yourself" kit. Right. Just what I need - being unable to work my
locks because I screwed them up. A locksmith charged me $30 to do 3 locks,
with a total of 8 keys. That was a bargain.