Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,misc.consumers.house
Jack

Default What to look for in a kitchen faucet?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking to replace my tired kitchen faucet, wondering if there's any
particular advantage with the single handle integrated on the faucet
type -vs- the 2-handle hot/cold type as far as longevity and ease of
DIY repair?

Any things to look for? I see some touting a "ceramic disc" valve, is
this a genuinely desirable feature or just marketing-speak?

Any particular brands/models you'd recommend, particularly looking at
the under-$100 range?

Thanks for all input.

I've been standardized on Price Pfister on all my rental units. I always get
the ceramic disc and single handle pullouts for the kitchen. Many of my
tenants are rough on equipment where something last 30 years with a
homeowner will only last a year or two with a tenant. Price Pfister so far
no problems (except for one but that was fixed) and service and tech support
are good. For defective parts, just pay for the postage and handling - they
don't even ask for proof of purchase.

I've make the mistake of getting a high end French kitchen faucet. It broke
within 6 months and parts only available from France and they don't or
refuse to speak English. That one went to the junk pile. Price Pfister from
now on and they haven't directed me to India yet for tech support or parts
order. Nothing against tech support from India except I don't understand
some of the spoken words. Had good luck with Delta and Moen too.