BEAR

Default Best way to clean a negleted Shizuoka mill???

I dunno what sort of shape it is in, but this is what I did on my *old* Index:

http://www.bearlabs.com/NEXT/MILL.html

I did hose it off, and this can create problems, but if you want to be careful
use a bucket and big sponge, I think you'll get similar results without the danger
of a ton of water ending up where you can't get it out...

The stuff I used was "Mean Green" found in Family Dollar stores and other
places - almost any commercial "floor stripper" will do a good job too...

ymmv.

_-_-bear

R Laury wrote:

I just bought a Shizuoka CNC mill . The iron is in super excellent shape but
it has been
neglected for about 5 years. I plan to load it on a flat bed trailer and
bring it to my
shop (about .5 miles away) I want to really clean this thing up before I
bring it inside
for refurbishing. I can rent a high pressure washer if needed to knock the
crud off.
But what can I use to soften this goop up. Also, do you guys think the
pressure washer
idea is ok?. I plan to remove the controls, cover up the head and use it
mostly on the main casting and knee.
Also, would it be ok to use Scotch bright pads in the table?? The table is
in mint condition
but stained from years of neglect. Any ideas appreciated.

RonL

--
_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -