Posted to alt.home.repair
rb608

Default Swimming pool filter questions

I'm becoming seriously disenchanted with the cartridge filter. I took
the eminently reasonable advice here and went out & bought a couple of
quarts of clarifier. The stated dosage on the label would be about 5
ounces for my pool. I put in 5 ounces, ran the filter all day, and saw
no improvement. No problem, the label says a repeat dose or a larger
dose may be needed. I put in another 8 ounces. Nada. Okay, next day,
another dose. Still nothing. Let's try more.

Long story short, I'm now about 8 doses into this clarifier business;
and I'm getting nowhere. The pool is still about as cloudy as when I
first posted a week ago. I could understand if I was seeing slow
improvement; but I'm seeing no improvement.

Chances are the clarifier I'm using may not be as effective as another
product and I'll explore that avenue also, but I expected better
performance out of the filter. As I posted earlier, this is my first
cartridge filter. Is this worthless performance what I should expect
for $300. FWIW, it's a Hayward "Star Clear" 175 sf. filter, and that
ought to be more than adequate for my little 12,000 gal pool. I'm
dismayed.