Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default dead wall plugs suddenly

tenplay wrote:

Our electrical wall plugs went dead suddenly when the roofing crew tried
to run its equipment off of our outside plug. Do we have to call in an
electrician? All of the switches in the circuit box are on. And
pressing the reset button in the electrical plug unit in the downstairs
bathroom doesn't have any effect. Thanks for any advice.

Roofing crew, dead plugs, hmmm. Before you do _anything_ else, go outside
and look at the power entrance and follow it back to the pole and make sure
there isn't a line down. If there is, call the power company
immediately--you don't want somebody to step on it and get fried. When you
go out to look at it watch your step carefully--_you_ don't want to step on
it and get fried either.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate