Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT

Default Removing circuit from Panel?

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
"mm" wrote in message

Is there no empty slot in the breaker box? Why can't you just add the
circuit and leave the range circuit alone, since it is unused?

Even if it were connected, it's not good to bake or roast when the AC
is on. You're adding heat to the house and then paying to remove it.
That's why outdoor grilling is so popular in the summer. Especially
before there was AC, cooking in the house in the summer made it even
hotter inside.

(Do people remember these things?)

No available slots. After I sent this, it dawned on me that I could add
the A/C circuit to a subpanel I installed last summer specifically for my
220V tablesaw. I think I'd be pushing the feed into the subpanel if I
turned on the saw and the A/C comes on at the same time (both are 20A FLA
and the sub is 40A) but it'll work until I'm able to upgrade the service
altogether. Thanks much for the comments!
Cheers,
cc

How large is the feeder supplied (SUB) panel? IOW what is it's rated
amperage and how many slots does it have?
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.