Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

Default Chicago, IL West Suburbs Hitachi Big Screen Repair

Unfortunately we did not wait and had a serviceman out earlier today. He
took the power supply/HV board and said it needed to be diagnosed on the
bench since the module is no longer available. He seemed to know his stuff
so hope the unit comes back with Electrolytics all replaced. Thanks for the
offer of help though... The family is lost without the Hitachi TV.

Bob

"Tech Data" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you can wait a day, I've written a friend who has a shop in your
area and is an outstanding tech. You have a great product but, they do
require experience knowing how to isolate which shutdown circuit is at
fault. You have around 5 or 6 on that chassis. I didn't want to post
his info in the open with out his permission. I'd love to work on it
but, being in south Texas, it'd be a helluva service call. If you don't
find someone, I'll let you know tomorrow.

www.techdata-kicksass.net