Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Anyone tried using a hot glue gun to bind books?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 16:41:12 +0100, "Ian_m" wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"MM" wrote in message
If there is someone out there with a hot glue gun, what do you think
the chances are of it sticking the spine of a paperback book, e.g. 350
pages? I've looked at a number of paperbacks and they are all glued,
like the Argos catalogue, for example. The pages could be roughened at
the binding edge, held in a clamp of some sort (easy to make), and the
hot glue applied.

Another idea I had was to use iron-on edging strip.

How many?
You want something like
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal...rmd=co nsumer

Yup, I have used one of these to bind reports at a previous job. You placed
plastic glue strip at bottom, inserted and clamped paper, turned on via
timer for a minute or two + minute or two cooling time and hey presto nice
bound report.Not fast but better than A4 folder and/or spiral bound thing.
Can use tranparent front/rear covers but make sure they are "laser proof" or
else they just melt and crinkle in the glue and make a mess.

Ian_m, how many pages?

MM