Old Nick

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:48:14 GMT, (Richard
Lewis) wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

errr. I think Ed talked of looking at _populations_ and murders. It's
people that do the murders, not states...more people more murders.

It is interesting though that the murder rate appears not to be higher
per capita in the freer states.

By my count that is 25 states (those marked **) that allow open
carrying without any sort of permit to buy/carry etc etc etc as per
Gunner's quote.

Let's all look at the murder numbers now, shall we? What is that,
3,755 total murders in all those 25 open carry states? That's in
2000, of course....couldn't find this year's numbers. The total US
that year had 15,517 murders so that makes 11,762 in states that
restrict open carry as per Gunner's quote....and that makes a grand
total of right at 76% of all murders committed in restricted carry
states etc etc etc.

How's that foot tasting there, dude?

Ed?

ral

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured
by man's. There would be nowhere to go.
Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.