Posted to alt.home.repair
finding z0

Default screening an AC unit to keep out debris from the cooling fins

Yesterday I spent most of 3 hours hosing and picking out cottonwood
fuzz and other debris from the cooling fins of my 2 outdoor AC units. I

usually do this once a year after the cottonwood stops. I missed last
year. I was thinking of using screen door like mesh to wrap around the
outside of the units to make them easier to clean. I thought about
cheap furnace filters. Any intersting solutions out there? I googled AC

& cottonwood and came up with an inventor in my home state trying to
interest investers in his product. Cheers