Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Lawnboy Mower Vibration

bill wrote:
I have an annoying vibration in a Lawnboy mower that that can be felt
in the handle.

I have 2 lawnboy mowers. The older one (D engine) runs perfectly
smooth. The newer one (F engine) has the vibration. If I run either
mower without a blade, the vibration is slight and equal. Neither
mower seems to have any runout when I look at the shaft while it is
running bladeless or as I pull the starter and look at the shaft (not
running). If I put the same blade, flange, washer and nut on each,
the D mower runs perfectly smooth and the F mower vibrates.

So, it is not the blade, flange, washer or nut. It doesn't have any
obvious shaft runout and the blade runs even on both sides as it is
turned (one side is not higher or lower than the other). It doesn't
vibrate any more than the good one when the blade is off. What could
it be?
Please take the spam-bustin 7 out of my address if responding, so my
e-mail address is actually calbert "at sign" and then mchsi.com

Thanks,

Bill

The blade would make a very small amount of runout very noticeable.
That would be my guess.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit