Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Musing about movers and shakers: quieting them with harmony

Amazing that this came up. Actually I had thought to try turning a
plate and stick a year or two ago when we were discussing magic wands &
batons. Plastic ones are available, cheap and the technique can be
learned easier than with regular plates. The rims are deeper and there
is a dimple in the middle.

We woodturners do range far & wide and it ain't easy to get OT on any
thread.
Spinning plates or cups is as live & well as yo yo's, spinning tops and
frisbees. There are even spinning plate groups and some include
children. Who will be the first here to turn exqusite pink ivory sticks
and plates for their signature pieces?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter