Posted to alt.home.repair
lens

Default Major repair to high end Thermador BBQ grill.

Our 6 yr old Thermador BBQ had a little flash fire and fried all it's
wiring. I don't blame Thermador because we hardly cleaned the thing (I
know - dumb). At first I was going to toss it, but after I saw what's
out there to buy I went back an had another look at the damage. I think
it's worth trying to save since it seems made a lot better than what I
see. I'm an EE so this seems within my skill level. I spent today
cleaning out the burned-up wires and the melted igniter.

Where can I get high temperature wiring and crimp connectors? I know
the stuff that was in there was not hardware store wire. There was also
some braided cloth-like shielding to keep the heat off wires (which
also got burned) that also needs replacing. I need to be extra carefull
because this unit has an IR igniter for the rotisery than runs on
110VAC, so I want to be sure the wiring can take the heat. The main
burner igniter was also 110VAC powered but I think I'll replace that
with a battery powered one.