Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Musing about movers and shakers: quieting them with harmony

Owen Lowe wrote:

In article . com,
"Joe Fleming" wrote:

I have also used the spinning plate

Who do you think was the very last variety show entertainer who did the
spinning plates on the dowels bit? D'ya think he knew he was the end of
the line? I recall seeing this act as a kid in the '60s and always
thought it fun - when those first plates began wobbling on the stick...

Did this act have an official name? What title does one call the guy who
does it?

I think they still do this. Seems like I saw one on the tube sometime in
the past 4 or 5 years. Some things just never go out of style. Probably
been plate spinners since plates were invented and probably will be as long
as we've got breakable plates.