Gnube

Default That reminds me WAS: DIY piano moving

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:24:52 +0100, PoP
wrote:

I remember a long time ago that there was a competition - either on TV
or at a fete, can't remember now - where teams were given a challenge
to see who could fit a piano through a letterbox, or some other
smallish opening. I think there may have been a charity element to the
challenge.

Thanks for the idea, but I reckon the wood is worth having and by the
time it fitted through a letter box, it wouldn't be!

Thus a bit of fun can be had with something like a piano that is
beyond its useful life. You end up with a pile of small bits which are
then easy to dispose of.

I wonder how one gets at and rid of the wires and metal frame bit? The
piano wire itself should be usable assuming that is literally what the
strings are (?)

Actually, are they? Is Piano Wire an accurate name? Or is it a wishful
thinking legendary urban myth type name?)

What will unwind the tension from them to unstring such a beast -
which end do you start - low notes or high notes? Middle? shrug

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}