Ed Huntress

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

"BottleBob" wrote in message

I'm not going to list each state (too much typing), but the total gun
homicides for ALL states was listed as 11,348. And that I calculate
there were 2,710 gun homicides in the "open carry" states. 2,710 /
11,348 = .23
But it seems the "open carry" states are some of the most sparsely
populated ones, which would seem to severely skew these statistics. And
the death rate per 100k people figures for each state are all over the
map with little correlation to "open carry" states or "non open carry"
states.

The problem with Richard's argument is the states he chose, not the numbers.
I used 2001 data and that's somewhat different, but, again, I didn't even
bother to check his *data*.

Maybe I'll finish it tonight. It's a pain in the ass to go through it, but
hey, that's the reason I don't get into gunfights. I did my time on those
from 1988 to around 1994. After this one, I'm hanging up my Ruger again.

Oh, one other comment. I can certainly see why people don't bother to
check this sort of data... ITS TOO MUCH WORK! g

No kidding. That's why I usually expect to be paid to do this stuff. g

Ed Huntress

"No one but a fool (today, that includes Huntress) writes, but for
money." -- Samuel Johnson