Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Changing light switch- need help!!

If the box is metal, it will have a 10/32" threaded hole in the back. You
can attach the wire there. You can also get grounding clips to attach to the
side of the box. If the existing cable in NM with no ground, this is all
moot and it doesn't matter what you do with it

"Help Needed" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in an old apartment and am installing a dimmer switch for the
dining room- When I pulled the plate off the old light switch I see
that there is no existing ground. The new switch I bought from the
store obviously comes with a ground. My question- what do I do with
the new ground? Should I try to attach it to the back of the switch
housing in the wall? Should I clip it off? Is it safe to leave it
loose? Should I just cap it?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!