Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default How can I locate pipes under concrete slab?

No contractor in his right mind would give a warranty like that. That's the
problem!

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Joey" wrote in message
Walter R. wrote:

I need to drill a number of 1/2" holes through the concrete slab of my
house
in order to poison the resident termites. The swarmers came out in three
places in the center area of the house.

How can I avoid water and drainage pipes in or under the slab? Are these
pipes usually imbedded in the concrete slab or are they underneath the
concrete?

Thanks

Walter,

Those pipes are in the slab itself. I would never take the chance of
drilling that many holes, one maybe ! This is a job for the termite
contractor where you have the option to get a contract and a warranty plus
they are liable for any damage or drilling through pipes.

Joey