Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Garage door torsion spring replacement

Probably just replace the 2 springs. About $150- $200 depending on where
you live. There are some crooks out there. Watch out for full page yellow
pages ads shouting $30 for service call. They will say you need every hinge
replaced at a price that could get you a new door. Around me, Wayne Dalton
repairs all brands and guarantees for a year. I had them fix a gear on an
opener once. 6 months later a spring broke on the same door. They only
charged me for the spring.... free labor because they had fixed the opener
6 months earlier. Can't beat that.

"Phil Morgan" wrote in message
Noticed one side is broken, but common sense tells me I should have
someone replace both of them. System was installed in '92. Can anyone
give me a ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs
(and probably the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side
to the pulleys at the top of the door frame?

thanks,
Phil