Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.coatings.paint,misc.consumers.house
jeffc

Default Painting house with Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin Moore

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I've had several bids from reputable painting firms to paint my house
exterior. Each provides the choice of either Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin
Moore paint. My house has wood shingles and the existing paint is in fair
to good condition, except for the color! The type of paint will be flat
Latex, with satin being used for wood trim and window frames. A prime
coat will also be used.

I haven't seen a comparison recently between these two paint companies.
Which would be better for my house? I notice that there are several
lines of paint for each company, for example Sherwin has Duration,
SuperPaint, A-100, WeatherPerfect, etc. How do these compare?

There you go - at least you're asking the right question. It doesn't matter
much if you use SW or BM. What matters is which line they use. Check out
the respective web sites to find out more about the lines.