Noah Simoneaux

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:22:11 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
(snip)

FWIW,
The CDC, in what was called an "unusual moment of candor" recently reported
that gun legislation does not have a statistically significant influence on
gun crime in the US. If I can find the article I will post a link to it.

When Clinton was president he had the(his) Justice Department(how's THAT for a
misnomer) do a study to back up his argument in favor of a national waiting
period. He wanted them to find out the average amount of time a gun was owned
before being used in a crime. If the results turned out to be two weeks or less
it would support a two-week waiting period. Unfortunately(for him), the study
resulted in a finding that the average time a gun was owned before it was used
in a crime was 6 YEARS. Since nobody was asking for a 6-year waiting period they
quietly announced the results of their study with little fanfare. If the results
had come out like they wanted them to, there would have been a MAJOR press
conference. Imagine that.

It is easier to fight for our principles than to live up to them.-Alfred Adler