Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Broken bird bath....Concrete adhesive?

Get JB Weld. Don't get the quick setting, get the regular kind. At any
hardware or auto supply place.

Charlie

"Jim Laumann" wrote in message
Hi all

My wife has a 2 pc bird bath (pedestal base and tray) made from what
looks to be cast concrete. The base has a section which has broken off
- approximately 1/3. The break formed a straight line across the base.

I am not aware of any glue, etc which is made for concrete. I think I
can drill a hole thru the broken piece and into the pedestal. Then
insert a expansion faster, and use a screw/bolt to fasten the broken
piece to the base. I've got some masonary sealer (for cracks) that I
could apply to the broken section to use as "padding" during the
tightening of the fastener.

The got'cha being that if I crack the broken section while drilling or
tightening the fastener, its broke for good. Is there any adhesive
that I could use for such a repair?

Any suggestions?