Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate

Default Clever Window Well Idea: Is this allowed?

Thanks guys - The other exterior wall in the bedroom cannot accomodate
a window. Tom, you are right; our idea would yield a 2 foot opening
between the well's side and the side of the house. It seemed to me
that this might not be allowed by code, but I have been unable to find
a specific prohibition anywhere. The only thing that I have been able
to find is a clause that says a window well must project from the
window (note that it doesn't say side of house) by at least 3 feet, and
must be at least 3 feet in width.