Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Laumann

Default Broken bird bath....Concrete adhesive?

Hi all

My wife has a 2 pc bird bath (pedestal base and tray) made from what
looks to be cast concrete. The base has a section which has broken off
- approximately 1/3. The break formed a straight line across the base.

I am not aware of any glue, etc which is made for concrete. I think I
can drill a hole thru the broken piece and into the pedestal. Then
insert a expansion faster, and use a screw/bolt to fasten the broken
piece to the base. I've got some masonary sealer (for cracks) that I
could apply to the broken section to use as "padding" during the
tightening of the fastener.

The got'cha being that if I crack the broken section while drilling or
tightening the fastener, its broke for good. Is there any adhesive
that I could use for such a repair?

Any suggestions?