Posted to alt.home.repair
Newfie

Default Laundry sink installation

I have this done in my basement. I welded up a couple triangular
brackets and bolted them into the studs. The sink sits right on top of
the brackets. Think of them as shelving brackets and the sink the
shelf. I then wrapped a piece of aluminum strap around the sink and
screwed that into the studs to keep the sink against the wall. The
strap is coated with white so it does not look bad. It has been there
for about 8 years now and believe me it gets used and support the
weight of a 10 year old boy who has been caught standing in it to reach
the shelves above.

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:53:43 -0400, "Ultraglide"
wrote:

We are renovating our laundry room. We have a single plastic sink that my
wife wants to hang from the wall rather than use the base that comes with
the sink. Are there any kits available that would allow us to use the
existing drain setup?

Have you thought about the total weight of the sink when it is filled?
You may be able to use the existing drain, provided it is not damaged.