Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim M

Default Replacement of Carrier Furnace Blower Fan ?

the control circuit on the logic board

Are you refering to the thermostat?

I have no way of testing it.

My wife said she heard a clicking sound the last time it was running.

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Jim M wrote:
The blower fan on my 17 year old (80% efficient) Carrier gas furnace is
dead! I have 3 choices.

1. Replace the fan unit myself. Cost of fan unit? How difficult?

2. Hire an HVAC contractor to replace the fan unit. Cost estimates?

3. Hire an HVAC contractor to replace the entire furnace.

Is it worth replacing only the fan or shoiuld I replace the furnace? Any
advice? Any referals to an HVAC contractor in Milwaukee, WI area??

Thanks

Hi,
Sure the fan is dead? Not the control circuit on the logic board?
If fan is dead, it could be mechanical or electrical failure such as
bearing or winding, capacitor, etc. It depends.