Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F

Default concrete pilings

Greetings, folks,

I am hoping to build pilings to suport a small (12 X 24) outbuilding.

I bought a pallet of regular concrete block and ordered mortar mix to
lay the block with. A certain home center store sent Concrete mix
instead.

Here is my question: Can I pour a small footing, then set two blocks on
top, then set two more blocks on top of that (rotated 90 degrees) and
just pour concrete mix into the holes?

Any better suggestions? I need to make at least 4 pilings and may make
4 or 8 more.

Someone else is going to actually build the building, but I want to
prepare the pilings. I like the look of the raised building and I think
it will be better off all around. It will be built on skids.

Thanks from this new member.

Bob F