Posted to alt.home.repair
Ranger

Default convert sink drain to washing machine drain?

shawn wrote:
I'm redoing my bathroom and considering an idea of a stacked laundry
closet in there. The place I'm considering is where one of the sinks
was. Is it possible to use the previous sink drain plumbing to drain a
washing machine into? or would it be too small? Its and 80's house on
slab with pvc i think the sink drains are all 1 1/2 inches.

I would think it would be ok, especially since the newer washers
typically use less water...

Thanks for any advice someone can provide.- shawn

If there will be an inspection (now or later)...
The plumbing code calls for a 2 inch trap and a 2x1.5x2 sanitary tee.
The trap arm must be at least 2 diameters (that is 4 inches) in length.
The trap arm should be 6 to 18 inches above the floor and the stand pipe
should be 18 to 30 inches above the trap.