Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Danger

Default Gas dryer doesn't work - repair or replace

wrote in message
oups.com...
what will a brand new dryer cost in comparison with repairs?

general rule of thumb if repair is at or over 50% of the cost of a new
one replace the appliance....

time to price a new dryer and add delivery and install if its not DIY

with other appliances consider they might be more energy efficent,
fridges are espically in that catergory. new ones save lots of money on
electric

Luck just is not with me today. First this had to happen on the day the rest
of my family decided to throw every piece of clothing they own into the
laundry (although one thing that did go right was a bright sunny day). Then
I found a couple sites with clear detailed instructions for
troubleshooting - mostly checking for continuity in various circuits. So I
got out my voltmeter and found that the cables were missing. In the 22 years
that I've had this thing, the cables have never been more than a foot away
from it, but now I have no clue where they are. So now I have to decide
whether to keep looking or buy a new voltmeter, and in the meantime I don't
have a working dryer.